Argina S3 30 + 40
(1.059,95 € Stück*)
Medium-speed trunk-piston diesel engine oil Shell Argina S3 (fomerly T) is a multifunctional crankcase lubricant for highly rated medium-speed diesel engines operating on residual fuel. Argina T is designed for conditions of moderate oil stress. Where fuels with sulphur <3% are in use.
· Rapid neutralisation of acidic combustion products
Gives long-term protection against corrosion of ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
· Thermal stability and resistance to oxidation
Provides excellent high temperature deposit control and contributes to long oil life.
· Suitability for centrifugal separators
High detergency/low dispersancy formulation releases contaminants and water readily in centrifugal separators.
·Medium-speed industrial or marine propulsion and auxiliary engines, burning residual fuel oils, which create conditions of moderate oil stress. These conditions usually occur:
- in engine designs more than 5 years old, or
- where oil consumption is 1g/kWh or more, or
- in newer designs where load factors are predominantly 85% or less, or
- where fuels with sulphur <3% are in use.
Marine engine reduction gears and certain other ship-board applications, where specialist lubricants are not required.
· Medium-speed engines burning residual fuel need very specialised lubricants. Heavy fuels contaminate the oil with asphaltenes, requiring special types of detergency to avoid
sludges. The combustion of high sulphur fuels produces sulphur acids, which cause high wear rates of piston rings and cylinder liners unless neutralised by a high basicity reserve in the oil. The oil is in service for very long periods, so centrifugal separators are used to remove water and combustion contaminants from the oil. Medium-speed engine oils must be specially designed to release these contaminants in the separator.