- Online only
- On sale!
Marine Star 40 High Premium
Shell Sirius X is a top quality lubricant, of the Super High Performance Diesel Engine Oil (SHPDO) class.Shell Sirius X is especially suitable for the high power/weight units used in fast vessels and compact generator sets. Yacht Premium Lubes Shell Sirius X 40!
For Bulk and large order please contact helios lubes® marine service on this site.
Shell Sirius X 40 is a top quality lubricant, of the Super High Performance Diesel Engine Oil (SHPDO) class. It is
designed for the highest output, high-speed diesel engines, burning distillate fuel and is formulated to give better engine protection and longer drain intervals than normal diesel engine oils.
Shell Sirius X is especially suitable for the high power/weight units used in fast vessels and compact generator sets.
- High-speed diesel engines operating on distillate fuels.
- N.B. Not suitable for N. American automotive type engines, for which API CF-4 type oils are required.
Specifications, Approvals & Recommendations
- MTU (Type II high performance category)
- CWEC (Cummins Wärtsilä Engine Company)
- MWM Deutz (high output, high speed, e.g. TBD 620)
- Meets the requirements of Caterpillar 3600 Series
Performance, Features & Benefits
- Outstanding piston cleanliness
Free-running piston rings, even under difficult operational conditions, ensuring maximum reliability.
- Exceptional protection against bore polishing
Control of blow-by and oil consumption, preserving engine efficiency. SHPDO type oils are preferred by many engine manufacturers to guard against bore polishing.
- Exceptional engine cleanliness
Ability to retain high levels of soot safely in suspension, even with extended drain intervals.
- Oxidation resistance twice that of conventional oils
Ability to withstand high temperatures for longer, in severe service or with extended drain intervals.
- High reserve alkalinity
A TBN-E (total base number) of 17 to neutralise acids and provide corrosion protection until the next drain interval, even with the higher sulphur levels sometimes found in marine distillate fuels.
You might also like