Corena S3 R 46 + 68
Shell Corena S3 R 46 and Shell Corena S3 R 68 is a premium quality air compressor oil designed to deliver high performance lubrication of rotary sliding vane and screw air compressors. It uses an advanced additive system to provide excellent protection and performance for compressors running at up to 20 bar and 100°C discharge temperatures with oil maintenance intervals of up to 6000 hours.
· Rotary sliding vane air compressors
Shell Corena S3 R is suitable for oil-flooded or oil-injected vane compressors, operating at pressures of up to 10 bar and with air discharge temperatures of up to 100°C.
· Screw air compressors
Suitable for oil flooded or oil injected, single or two-stage rotary compressors, operating at pressures of up to 20 bar and with air discharge temperatures of up to 100°C.
· Seal Compatibility
Shell Corena S3 R oils are compatible with seal materials specified for use with mineral oils.
· Long oil life – Maintenance saving
Shell Corena S3 R is capable of providing oil maintenance intervals of up to 6000 hours (where allowed by manufacturers) even when operating at maximum discharge temperatures of up to 100°C. It is formulated to help: Resist formation of carbon deposits in sliding vane slots in vane compressors
· Resist formation of deposits on rotating components in screw compressors
· Resist thermal breakdown and deposit formation to maintain excellent internal surface cleanliness particularly in oil/air separator and coalescer systems.
· Exact oil maintenance interval will depend on intake air quality, duty cycle and ambient conditions. For hot and humid type climates as found in the Asian and Pacific regions, a reduced oil drain period is recommended (consult OEM recommendations)
· Outstanding wear protection
With many years of successful application, Shell Corena S3 R helps provide effective protection of internal metal surfaces from corrosion and wear. It contains an advanced ashless anti-wear system to help prolong the life of critical parts such as bearings and gears.
· Maintaining system efficiency
Air release and prevention of foaming are critical performance characteristics in a compressor oil, ensuring reliable start-up and continuous compressed air availability. Shell Corena S3 R is designed to provide rapid air release without excessive foaming to give trouble-free operation even under cycling conditions. In addition, Shell Corena S3 R has excellent water separation properties to help ensure continuous efficient operation of the compressor even in the presence of water.
Shell Corena S2 R was replaced by Shell Corena S3 R